In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1embutido de paté de hígado masculino
- Most days they stay at home eating cheap liver sausage and watching television.
- My mouth waters to this day when I think of the liver sausage and German red sausage that emerged from these day-long efforts.
- This is a liver sausage, which Christoph suggested spreading on toasts of excellent German bread.
- These include chicken strips, pan-fried potatoes, salads and a choice of wieners and liver sausage.
- The deli's also open then, if you want some prosciutto or, as seems to be popular in our house, liver sausage, on your toast.
- Beyond the frankfurter there is the a red sausage from Thuringia, a liver sausage from Kassel, and a black sausage from Swabia which is spiced with thyme, cloves and nutmeg.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.