In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1mancha de (la) vejez femenino
- Cataracts and liver spots don't bring moral enlightenment or spiritual transcendence.
- Cryosurgery with liquid nitrogen can remove precancers or liver spots.
- He was about 65 years old, with pink wet eyes and liver spots.
- The backs of his powerful hands are covered with liver spots.
- Wrinkles are acceptable, but liver spots aren't.
- Daily exposure to the sun can rob your hands of needed moisture and cause blotchiness and liver spots.
- And then he smiles, a crafty, wizened grin that signals - far more than his labored breath, liver spots or thinning beard - that he is in the final throes of his tenure as president-for-life.
- She'd noticed some liver spots on his cheeks, forehead and hands in the last few years, deep lines like streams cascading down his face, with others forming, branching off a main tributary.
- They are not a success because they have started growing old prematurely; they exhibit liver spots, grey hair and their faces are aged and wrinkled.
- Now that I think of it maybe that rabbit, dead but at least furry, was probably still better looking than my ugly old neighbor with his grey nose hairs and his liver spots.
- Brown liver spots speckled his balding head, the remains of hair long since lost, in colour and quantity, brushed over in a futile attempt to regain his youth.
- My six-and-a-half-year-old spayed dog recently developed dark spots on her belly that look similar to the liver spots that humans develop.
- A combination of torrential rain and perpetual cold war with Spain that nearly sees us diverted to Tangiers solidifies that impression - but it's the hotel's atmospheric blend of fading empire and liver spots that's the kicker.
- But other harmful effects, such as liver spots or deep wrinkles, appear later and worsen over time.
- Big, dark liver spots extend back from his cheekbones to his ears. ‘Bruce called me,’ he growls. ‘Two thousand, right?’
- Here they are - in their wrinkles, love handles, and liver spots - waiting for the reader to clothe them in their paper-doll robes.
- The main ingredients are also used in laundry detergents to brighten colors, and in existing skin bleaching products for liver spots and scars.
- Nothing, I tell you, can ever tear a man away from his liver spots.
- ‘Out of the way,’ comes the rude snap of a rather obese nurse with liver spots covering her wrinkled flesh.
- He had a frail body and liver spots covered his arms.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.