In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1hepática (de las fuentes) femenino
- Land plants are composed of four monophyletic groups: vascular plants, mosses, liverworts, and hornworts.
- A profusion of mosses, liverworts, lichens and ferns cover the woodland floor and festoon tree trunks and branches.
- Pollen and spores in the last meal came from ferns and liverwort, which grow in subtropical environments.
- Tiny gardens of moss and liverworts flourished where spores had drifted in from outside and settled under the warm glow of the cave lights.
- It will be no surprise if they are found also in much older lineages of land plants, such as in mosses, ferns, and liverworts.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.