In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1hacerle una lobotomía ahe was lobotomized — le hicieron una lobotomía
- But Rosemary, when she was younger, was lobotomized.
- There is no known documentation that Farmer was ever lobotomized; and indeed, this gruesome tale may distract attention from the legitimate horrors she and other patients were subjected to, including the denial of civil rights.
- After eight years she was scheduled to be lobotomised and her mother was persuaded to sign the relevant documents.
- He is taken away, and when he returns, he has been lobotomized.
- The character has been lobotomised and spends almost the entire play standing against the wall with arms raised as though nailed to a crucifix.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.