In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1langosta femeninobogavante masculino Españaspiny lobster — langosta femenino
- Alistair started off with west coast lobster bisque with white wine, saffron and cognac, while I went for the finnan haddock and lobster risotto with smoked salmon cream and poached egg.
- Both spiney lobsters and hermit crabs have been observed attacking gastropods in this fashion and both produce the distinctive notched gastropod remains.
- Marine invertebrates like lobster, prawn, crab, oyster and mussel are also on display.
- The body plans of lobsters and humans, flies and fish, barnacles and mice, are initiated using the same families of genes that are conserved across the animal kingdom.
- To attract a mate, the male lobster users his pincers to snip off one of the eyes of the girl he fancies.
- Now and then a pair of lobsters, plated in Prussian blue, jousted in their underwater dungeon.
- We passed a ledge where a massive potato bass was hanging out with five large lobsters.
- Five hundred lobsters were tagged and recorded in one day - a sizeable task.
- Eumalacostraca is the group that contains most of the animals the general public recognize as crustaceans, such as shrimp, crabs, lobsters.
- A special of sherried lobster bisque demands to be ordered; its rich brick color and oceanic, lobster-shell tang give it a gutsy character.
- The opulence of the grey and gold dining room is reflected by the food - truffles, lobster, suckling pig, roast turbot and milk-fed lamb all feature.
- It takes about eight seconds for a pair of lobsters to copulate; it takes a lot longer to get them into the mood.
- Order the lemon butter lobster under the stars and try to work out why you didn't move to Sri Lanka years ago.
- Sugar, citrus fruits, and lobster and other seafood then became major exports.
- We will be served lobster, oysters, caviar and cheese.
- Studies of fouled arthropods include horseshoe crabs, isopods, stomatopods, lobsters, and true crabs.
- To serve place a mound of jicama salad in the center of a soup plate, arrange two shrimp and a quenelle of salmon roe on top, and spoon some lobster saffron broth around dish.
- With that in mind, I was ordering lobster bisque and shrimp fettuccine.
- The menu is so good - so deliciously unfussy - that it is almost impossible to choose (for the record, I had lobster lasagne with a mussel and saffron sauce).
- Small edible crabs cling to cracks in the rock, but it seems too exposed for larger crustaceans such as lobsters.
- Its sheer walls provide homes for edible crabs and squat lobsters and at one point mussels.
- Urine-borne chemical cues influence the progression and outcome of agonistic encounters in lobsters and crayfish.
- Mineral rich seafood, oysters, lobster, and fish are considered aphrodisiacs.
- In fact, 20-30 years ago unscrupulous restaurateurs in Spanish resorts would pass it off as lobster or scampi to unsuspecting tourists.
- A dish of linguine with lobster and Granny Smith apples, on the other hand, sounded so wildly wrong that I ordered it for laughs, and found it very good indeed.
- It's made of flat rice noodles and a creamy coconut broth, shot through with bits of lobster and galangal flowers.
- Polysaccharides are also used in the shells of such crustaceans as crabs and lobsters (chitin).
- You can sometimes find large starfish, edible crabs and squat lobsters here.
- When they restaged the match between the same lobsters, the lobster that had lost against the previous opponent always backed down immediately.
- People may indulge themselves in a huge variety of seafood delights such as lobster, crab, oyster, caviar and more, along with traditional breakfast choices.
- A place to enjoy big steaks and seafood in a clubby atmosphere; more delicate eaters can order the chunky lobster bisque and plenty of veggies à la carte.
- Believe me, there will be some sort of cryptic code to decipher the real meaning behind the four crabs in one tank as opposed to the five lobsters in the other - and it will all have to do with the existence of the lost city of Atlantis.
- Common lobsters, edible crabs, velvet swimming crabs, shore crabs and hermit crabs were common.
- Primarily a seafood restaurant, expect lobster and shrimp spring rolls, grilled octopus and peppercorn crusted yellow-fin tuna.
- If you had to compare it to something which is alive today you would probably choose a large crab or a lobster, not a spider.
- Glistening chunks of lobster mate with fava beans as deliciously as they do with ramps.
- However, it took exactly an hour after ordering before my lobster came.
- Decapoda (crabs, lobsters, and shrimps) is the most speciose group within the Malacostraca.
- To treat the palate to an unforgettable experience, serve the caviar-topped tartlets with a swirl of reduced lobster bisque.
- Favored dishes include lobster risotto with porcini mushrooms and white truffle oil.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.