In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1nasa femeninolangostera femenino
- The house could also be a chapel or from some angles a boat or lobster pot.
- A lobster pot on a line near the twin arches of Cathedral Rock was deliberately filled with stones.
- I mentioned this yarn to a non-knitter, who's thoughts on the subject were, what a waste of a perfectly good lobster pot.
- A very rare specimen of a ‘Trigger Fish’ has been caught by a local fisherman in one of his lobster pots.
- A seahorse clings to a lobster pot at Lynch's Reef, Kaikoura
- Police divers found the boat after locating a lobster pot which had lodged at the bottom of the sea bed.
- From the front door of the restaurant she can almost watch her suppliers checking their lobster pots and bringing in their catch.
- Of course, as we hadn't caught one, I had insisted this be carried over, especially as Paul had had so much fun playing the lobster pot I picked up the rod while Davy fitted me up with the fighting harness.
- Shelton balanced the lobster pot up on the gunwale.
- They scratched a living from shrimp and whelk, operating one or two lobster pots and surviving on what the trawlermen chucked back into the waters.
- This had, however, fallen forward onto the deck, possibly dragged down by the snagged lobster pot that had led to the wreck being found.
- Kate makes notes of lobster pots left by local fishermen.
- I can only assume that it had been found stuck in a lobster pot or something, but why behead it?
- Their habits are such that they can only be caught in special lobster pots, and the fishery for them is relatively expensive and arduous.
- If the sea bottom was under-exploited, it could grow claws, eight legs, and a spring-action tail - and watch out for lobster pots.
- He hung onto a lobster pot for a couple of minutes until he realised his predicament, and made his ascent as slowly as he could.
- In the calm of the early morning you can see, from your bed in some cases, fishermen rowing silently and pulling their lobster pots, even occasionally pods of dolphins jumping.
- Your dad caught it in a lobster pot he found on one of his famous forays on the beach.
- When a lobster pot wraps my rudder or prop, I use the tree saw and stay dry.
- The latest is a ban on the use of cow hides and hocks as a holding bait in lobster pots - a ban most crayfishermen support.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.