In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1confinamiento en celda masculino
- Though he has no criminal record, murderers and junkies and 23-hour lockdowns became part of his life.
- More than 100 prisoners were placed on lockdown for the rest of the day following protest early last Monday morning.
- Outside of lockdown, captives are warehoused like cattle.
- In lockdown it is not physically possible to have sex with anyone other than your celly.
- This final act of defiance precipitated a lockdown of the entire Texas state prison system.
- In 2 men cell lockdown the only person that you can fight with is your celly.
- Luckily the prisoners where all in lockdown at the moment so they could keep the casualties down to a minimum.
- Furthermore, they are typically barred from areas where ministry is most needed: maximum security prisons, solitary confinement blocks, and twenty-three-hour lockdowns.
- Some were held in lockdowns for 23 hours a day, and then taken from their cells bound in handcuffs, leg irons and waist chains.
- Inmates in three California prisons are being kept in their cells on 24-hour-a-day lockdowns to save money on overtime pay for guards.
- But survivors occasionally breached the lockdown and came to the fence to tell their stories, each one astonishing.
- Administrators responded with an institution lockdown, confining all prisoners to their cells.
- She ripped out the spoon, and tried to run for the door, but somebody had put the whole prison in lockdown.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.