In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Matemáticaslugar geométrico masculino
- The catenary is the locus of the focus of a parabola rolling along a straight line.
- The curve can be considered as the locus of a point P defined as follows.
- Then the locus of centers of all circles passing through A and orthogonal to C is a straight line.
- Where lines were not common to multiple loci, lines are labeled only to species.
- Preliminary mapping of the remaining suppressors demonstrates that they define several distinct loci.
- Genes at a locus that differ by mutations are known as alleles or haplotypes.
- Individual alleles of three loci demonstrating high gene diversity were cloned and sequenced.
- These data indicated that the cloned genes represented the genomic loci that were altered in the original rye strains.
- The data included results of genomic typing at polymorphic loci at or near genes of the autoimmune inflammatory response.
- The very large pine genomes are highly repetitive, and microsatellite loci also occur as gene families.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.