In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1positivismo lógico masculino
- Most philosophers have rejected this idea since the demise of logical positivism in the 1930s.
- The year 1940 was an exciting one for Quine at Harvard for in that year both Carnap and Tarski visited Harvard and the three debated logical positivism.
- The group developed the philosophy of logical positivism, investigating scientific language and scientific methodology.
- Less forgivably, he often wants to run on about logical positivism.
- I am convinced that the low expectations of the citizenry are rooted, in part, in the way logical positivism has vastly exaggerated the role of the expert.
- This collection will be mandatory reading for any philosopher or historian of science interested in the history of logical positivism in particular or the evolution of modern philosophy in general.
- Following World War II, American philosophers largely focused on the problems raised by analytic philosophy and logical positivism.
- Feminist critiques may have been legitimate for some kinds of analytic philosophy, especially logical positivism, but because analytic philosophy has changed, the objections do not hold for most contemporary work.
- In the twentieth century a focus on questions of meaning and semantic issues played a role in many different philosophical movements (from logical positivism to ordinary language philosophy).
- In the early twentieth century, logical positivism narrowed the scope of meaning in a way that made belief in God subjective by definition.
- His philosophical experience in Vienna was somewhat limited by his uncertain knowledge of German, but he knew enough to pick up the basic tenets of logical positivism.
- In the harsh light of a rising logical positivism, they appeared too bluntly subjective to remain science's cutting edge.
- Quinton's piece on analytic philosophy is a fair summary of logical atomism and logical positivism, although it is too brief to be useful on post-war developments in the field.
- As a philosopher she reacted to existentialism and logical positivism with a deep belief that philosophy should be about freedom and morality and love and God.
- This defense was rejected, and natural law theorists proclaimed a victory over logical positivism.
- Deutsch blames logical positivism, the idea that science should concern itself only with objects that can be observed.
- He became a member of the faculty of the University of Vienna in 1930, where he belonged to the school of logical positivism until 1938.
- Beardsley embraced a general form of analytic philosophy not heavily influenced by either logical positivism or ordinary language philosophy, the dominant movements of the time.
- Take, for example, logical positivism, which was the leading philosophy of science from the 1920's to the 1950's.
- This is a common method in the philosophy of logical positivism.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.