In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- He taught himself about the use of modern artillery, logistics, military organisation and strategy.
- This was in addition to providing logistics for military traffic.
- The logistics of moving the troops and equipment is not what takes the most time in this process.
- Like other great commanders, he was a master of logistics and communications.
- We are a team, and don't forget each of us is necessary to win this war, especially logistics.
- The wartime experience of logistics of air force is still relevant.
- He said U.S. help would be forthcoming in military logistics and development programs for insurgency-hit areas of the country.
- Even military officers didn't care much for tactics or logistics, instead avoiding any chance of seeing combat.
- Logisticians should be familiar with the plan as the cornerstone of DOD logistics of the future.
- Those tenets are inherent in the current transformation of U.S. Army logistics.
- Massive expeditions by the USA in the immediate postwar period were powerful demonstrations of military logistics and technology.
- Army logistics had become so strained that in December horse battalions were reintroduced.
- The ending of the Cold War has had profound effects upon the philosophy of, and approach to, military logistics.
- Doing so was especially difficult because the Americans had little in the way of support and logistics when the war started.
- Aviation is critical to mobility, timely logistics, and precision firepower.
- This is just one example of smart logistics for the future Army.
- The game is mostly themed, but doesn't quite go as far as the actual mechanics of logistics and warfare.
- The logistics of moving the battalions was complicated, and the benefits on readiness problematic.
- In premodern times, the limitations of military logistics acted as a restraint on the ability of states to interact with each other.
- The most important and least well understood staff area, both during the Civil War and now, is logistics.
2(practicalities)problemas logísticos masculinothe logistics of the operation — los problemas logísticos de la operación
- It only took them a while to get the pieces together, because of the lack of economy of scale, lack of management talents and poor logistics.
- Government should ensure police have all the logistics in place that will see that court cases are on schedule by ensuring there is always transport and fuel.
- Maybe I should explain the logistics a little clearer.
- There were also problems in logistics and communications.
- He got someone called Mark Stevenson involved and asked him to work out the logistics.
- The costs and logistics involved in caring for children under two has meant far fewer places for this age group and a longer wait for young families.
- The logistics for such a large-scale event are tremendous, and Thai organizers have been preparing for years.
- This goal may thus be achieved in a more frugal manner in terms of costs and logistics than was previously described.
- They'd have to pay for it themselves, without corporate contributions, and they'd have to handle all the logistics.
- A pilot study provides the researcher with experiential logistics from actual procedural implementation.
- I suspect next year's winner is already planning the logistics for bringing along a Holstein cow.
- Before the teams arrived from Singapore, a group from there undertook a trip to identify the project location, facilities and logistics.
- This isn't a regular occurrence and she didn't put enough effort into planning the logistics.
- They are involved with the communications and the logistics.
- As an exercise in logistics it is on a scale not seen in Europe since the Second World War and as a monetary experiment it is unprecedented in the history of the world.
- I had good teams and good crews and we had people who handled the logistics.
- Take, for instance this statement in my letter detailing the logistics.
- Many council officials also dismiss the idea of moving people indoors as completely impractical, because of the numbers and logistics involved.
- Our indictment is ultimately not about logistics or tactics.
- Fusser said exhibitions in Hong Kong are professionally organised and efficient, with sophisticated logistics.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.