In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1written in longhand — (no en taquigrafía) en escritura normal
- The great educational value of having to write things out in longhand, at a pace which enabled a monk to absorb and contemplate the text, was being lost in the speed of the printing process.
- I always write on the typewriter, never in longhand.
- He looks down at his notes, freshly scribbled in his longhand, and lets himself digest the contents for a minute or so.
- During her entire writing career, she submitted her manuscripts in longhand and allowed only minimal editing.
- The text was laboriously written in longhand, typed by our printer on an office typewriter, and produced from paper plates - all 500 copies.
- In her 70's, she still writes her books in longhand on pads.
- There were plenty of newsworthy exchanges between Argus and shareholders, but with 24 pages of longhand notes, one would not want to overindulge an AGM review.
- Now he works out of his small apartment, mostly from a mat and some pillows set up before a low table strewn with audio equipment and papers covered in his tight longhand.
- It was written in longhand, and without a doubt, by a female's hand.
- The rhetoric was vintage Reagan, and the scripts were mostly written in longhand by the politician who delivered them.
- In English or Chinese I like to write in longhand for this reason.
- First, when I've refined it down to a story and its scenes, I work out my order of scenes, each on a different piece of paper, and then I write out each scene in longhand.
- The best letters of all are those written in longhand.
- The writing on the paper was in longhand and shorthand.
- Shorthand is eventually transcribed to longhand, and buzzwords lose their sting.
- His address, written in longhand on an A4 pad over the previous two days, was as passionate a speech as he had ever delivered - not least because it was, uniquely, almost entirely his own words.
- He inserts a page of longhand analysis of his own.
- The forms and the photographs are there on exhibit, along with the confessions written in longhand and in great detail.
- While most signatures were written in longhand, some names were neatly hand printed on blocks.
- Visa issues and money woes have prevented his family from visiting the United States, so he spends most of his time writing letters home in longhand.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.