In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1establo móvil masculino
- This contains a converted stone building giving three loose boxes, each with power, automatic water and auto feeders, as well as a hen house.
- The second yard has 12 loose boxes, the tack room and a lunging ring.
- There is extensive stabling with eighteen loose boxes, an indoor arena and extensive farm buildings.
- The property also has a purpose-built stable yard comprising six loose boxes and a general purpose shed.
- Adjoining the house to the west is a range of traditional stone outbuildings providing two loose boxes and two large garages.
- Outside, a courtyard to the rear of the house includes a range of traditional stone buildings, five loose boxes, fuel stores, a workshop and a former coach house which is in a state of disrepair.
- A separate driveway leads to the stable areas, which comprise a large loose stable, three loose boxes and a tack room.
- A battery of twelve loose boxes now occupies the centre of the indoor riding arena and a further six are located at the southern end of the building.
- To the rear of the house itself there are two stable yards with 11 loose boxes between them.
- Currently used as four loose boxes, this building would be ideal for conversion into a self-contained granny flat, subject to planning permission.
- There is also an enclosed stable yard off which are four loose boxes.
- An equestrian unit has been built on the land around the house and includes 12 loose boxes, an all-weather menage, tack room, feed room and a wash box.
- He used to ride well, but doesn't these days, although there are 13 loose boxes, a tack room and an outdoor manège.
- Two loose boxes, a tack room and a covered work area are in the stable block.
- The well-fenced paddock would be suitable for up to four horses, while a former coach house now provides two loose boxes with a hayloft above.
- There are also a range of out offices including three stables, two loose boxes with overhead loft and saddle room.
- The outbuildings are laid out in courtyard style; there are also 12 loose boxes and a stable yard.
- The grounds include a 250-year-old Spanish chestnut tree and a lofted coach house comprising seven loose boxes and a tack room.
- The house - which faces southwest - has three reception rooms and six bedrooms, as well as an integral double garage and a substantial external timber barn, with two loose boxes.
- There is an extensive lawn to the front of the house, while a separate farm entrance leads to the rest of land, which is laid in lawn with four loose boxes, an orchard and three partly railed paddocks.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.