- It concerns what the country did with Japan's loot once it discovered how much of it there was, the form it took, and how little influence its original owners had.
- In 808-809 the Khan's soldiers defeated the Byzantine army in the Struma valley, seizing immense loot and much gold.
- Leopold's depravations were so grotesque and occurred on such a scale that even the other colonial powers had to take pause in their scramble for African loot.
- Litigation continues against Swiss banks that hid much of the Nazi loot.
- The Simon Wiesenthal Centre, which traces Nazi loot, has asked the Art Minister to investigate the Collection's provenance for any connection to the Nazis.
- The family has denied claims by the Simon Weisenthal Centre in Paris that they may have acquired items for their collection from Nazi loot.
- These people came back from wars, with vast amounts of loot, which they had stolen abroad.
- A lot of Japanese loot has been found in the Philippines.
- With the use of paid mercenaries from Germany, Finland and Scotland, and a strong fleet, the Swedes were able to conduct raids and escape quickly with their loot.
- A spokesman said that nothing had been found so far to substantiate the allegations of Nazi loot being in the collection, and there was also an obligation on those who were making the claims to provide sufficient evidence in support of them.
- If the Vatican does have stolen loot, then I agree it should be returned.
- This way you're able to survive and get a variety of loot off enemy ships.
- That represents a great departure from being preoccupied with loot and spoils of war, and indeed all worldly gains.
- Another aspect of Nazi loot was the gold they acquired, again by the most dubious ‘legal’ means, from the central banks of European occupied countries.
- This orgy of loot and arson was soon followed by more systematic ‘residential cleansing’.
- That included the SS, who held trainloads of loot stolen from churches, banks, stately homes, museums and castles from around Europe.
2argot(money)guita femenino argotlana femenino América Latina coloquialpasta femenino España coloquial
- Landlords are requesting ridiculous rent hikes and gullible tenants like you are helping them stuff their pockets with your hard-earned loot.
- And before they suggest that ‘state funding of political parties’ is some novel form of financing, let's look at the vast amounts of loot we currently give them.
- That's a lot of loot for a pair of companies that have yet to make a dime in profits.
- Subtract the two figures and you will find yourself with some extra loot, once all bills and obligations have been met.
- Do I enjoy listening to people squabble over loot?
- He pocketed a considerable amount of loot, but he suffered 11 concussions, a broken hand, a fractured eye socket, a broken nose and knee damage.
- It is not a good idea if it merely means that private parties get the loot for projects that would otherwise serve no purpose in a market.
- Jenny ran screaming out of the cab, dropping her loot.
- I have a designated driver for the night and the plans are to receive a lot of loot, get obscenely drunk, and pass out.
- The task involves picking up $500,000 in loot in Montana.
- I've not said anything about the debt situation for a while because I didn't want to jinx things but last Friday the new mortgage kicked in and all the lovely loot was received by my solicitor as per normal.
- Lotto headquarters is closed until tomorrow morning, so the winner will have to wait another 24 hours to collect their loot of €3,240,746.
- Under a subscription or rent-a-tune model, you can listen to a boatload of music for a lot less loot than on a buy-only download site.
- When she's not filming thirty-second commercials of her popping wads of cheese-filled pizza crust into small boys' mouths for gobs of cash, she's making her own line of shoes for loads of loot.
- He knew no one could ask for that much loot without being sure of his skills.
1(warehouse/store) saquear(goods) robar
- More than 300 people were believed to have been involved in the violence, which saw police being pelted with missiles, shops looted and cars attacked.
- Scared that the site would be looted, he immediately contacted British military representatives in Norway.
- Rioters have looted shops this week, carrying away goods in full view of media cameras.
- Viviana has been shocked by her country's bankruptcy, devaluation, rocketing inflation and unemployment, all combined with a bout of rioting, looting and street violence.
- Police and fire service forensics teams picked through the wreckage of a torched car showroom housing 70 cars and a hardware shop which was looted for axes and saws in some of the worst street violence in Britain for years.
- But away from formal politics, the summit was marred by street violence, looting, three shootings and 539 arrests over two days.
- Housing estates have been burnt down, schools ransacked, shops looted.
- For example, in such operations we often find noncombatants involved in acts of violence like rioting or looting.
- As the year developed after the looting, reports both highlighted the damage and confused the issue.
- Property and even human beings were randomly set on fire and shops looted during the violence.
- Hundreds of people later gathered, resulting in a five-hour stand-off against police as missiles were thrown, shops and businesses looted and public houses set on fire.
- Her story gets still worse, for after her abduction she was taken back to loot her own home village.
- Again, there is no single market in the countries neighbouring the region, for ivory, gold, aluminum and others that are looted from the area.
- This is a school that had been looted in the midst of the war.
- In previous centuries, conquerors were known to pillage, loot, rape and burn.
- Essentially, a pogrom consisted of the assembly of a mob which would throng into the Jewish parts of a town, break into houses and shops, to loot, beat, rape, burn, and frequently kill the inhabitants.
- People have been killed in the public protests, rioting and looting that has gripped the country.
- For many of the armed bands roaming the region, raiding and looting have become a way of life.
- US officials said that many items originally thought to have been looted were placed in hidden vaults, discovered inside the museum this week, for protection before the war began.
- He said last night the move would prevent the waters from being looted and pillaged by other EU members, and introduce effective conservation of fish stocks.