In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Oh Lordy, here he comes with more SCIENCE
- Oh Lordy, these links are going to take me a year and a day, aren't they…
- A part of me thinks he needs me more than ever right now and that just when he seems the most challenging, he needs to be shown that I love him and that I want to be with him… but Lordy Lordy it's difficult.
- Oh Lordy, this just isn't right!
- The first thing that went through my head when I popped this CD in my stereo, was ‘Oh Lordy, it's Mix 99.9!‘.
- He grabbed me by the wrist and reversed our positions so that I was against the counter and he was facing me. Lordy, that feels way too good.
- And Lordy, he knew how to hide the specialist stuff from view.
- Whoever downloads the 500 millionth song wins 10 iPods and an iTunes gift card for 10,000 songs and oh Lordy, would I just love to get my hands on the latter.
- Some time around Thanksgiving she begins shaking her head, looking disgusted and sighing, ‘Oh Lordy, Lordy; it's almost Christmas and I haven't done a thing!’
- ‘Well, Lordy be,’ Bunny said, jumping up and wiping her hands on her mini.
- I can be just like the other kids now, Oh Lordy, I Can Drive!
- But then when I read it, it didn't sound like me at all, so I thought oh Lordy, sat down for three weeks and rewrote it completely, put more stories in, made it funnier.
- Lordy, Lordy, look who was so extremely bored that the story got updated.
- Oh, Lordy, ‘tis a rough time for fans of experimental pop.
- Anyone can order a dozen black roses or take an ad out that says, ‘Lordy, Lordy, look who's forty.’
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.