In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1plural liceZoologíapiojo masculino
- Villagers also cited skin, lice, and saliva as carriers of the disease.
- Petroleum jelly, mayonnaise and mineral oil seem to smother live lice.
- Head lice are insects that live on the scalp and neck.
- As a result of their cramped conditions, diseases such as eye cataracts and parasitic sea lice are rife, the group claims.
- Treatment should be repeated after seven to 10 days if live lice are present.
- Some germs rely on insects - such as mosquitoes, fleas, lice or ticks - to move from host to host.
- The gold standard for diagnosing head lice is finding a live louse on the head, which can be difficult.
- Head lice are insects living on the human scalp and feeding on blood.
- Before treatment, live lice must be identified under a magnifying glass, which is best done when the hair is wet.
- A strong solution of it can even remove lice or other skin parasites.
- Only the presence of live lice can confirm diagnosis of active infection.
- The main effect of feather lice on their bird hosts is feather damage.
- Control of poultry lice requires treating the birds since lice remain on the bird throughout its life.
- As earlier research had shown, they found a major split among lice species that live on apes and on monkeys and other primates.
- I haven't seen a live louse on her head since last Wednesday.
- Beds were made from straw, which of course is a home for insects of all kinds, particularly fleas, lice, and tics.
- Head lice are small, wingless insects that can get on the hair and scalp of humans.
- There are also flies whose larvae develop only in the tracheal passages of red kangaroos and lice that live in the throat pouches of cormorants and pelicans.
- Presumably mineral oil is acting like petroleum jelly to smother the live lice and loosen nits.
- You only treat for head lice if you find live lice in the hair.
- He said that, among the others using that network, there could be louses looking for their next attack target.
- All of these characters - if we can indeed call them that - are despicable louses that lie, cheat, and backstab each other in the name of comedy and TV ratings.
- His characters were cads, letches, and leering louses, but they effectively tapped a bit of that inappropriate urge in us all.
- Since his original plan of using leftover roach motels now seems impractical, Jack must devise a better means of sending these unlicensed louses back to where they belong.
- The louses are just plain nasty drivers who don't give a damn about anyone but themselves.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.