In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1acaramelado coloquial despectivo
- Don't think you're going to get a warm response from her if you try to get lovey-dovey with her.
- A young couple was in there acting lovey-dovey, obviously imitating what they just saw: Jean and Ollie kissing.
- We are not a lovey-dovey, touchy-feely family, and I wouldn't want us to be.
- Of course, sometimes we may not even want to hear about the happy, lovey-dovey couples because we're feeling romantically unlucky or lovelorn ourselves.
- After a nightmare week in Thailand with my ex, which she spent giving me the silent treatment, I had sworn to steer clear of lovey-dovey couples' holidays for good.
- Aren't we a bit too old for this lovey-dovey thing?
- I'd expected you to be one of those people who turns all lovey-dovey after sex.
- He'll give you a red rose and a lovey-dovey poem he wrote.
- As couples, we have spent so much time together and are so familiar with each other - warts and all, and the warts take precedence - that we are unable to rekindle being lovey-dovey feeling.
- I want all the lovey-dovey romantic feelings and things you feel for her!
- Both of them were her best friends but watching lovey-dovey scenes between the two was a vomit-inducing phenomenon for her.
- We'll just go and sit in the corner like idiots while you two say a horrendously long lovey-dovey goodbye.
- A lovey-dovey couple whispering sweet nothings amidst nature's breathtaking splendour, besides a couple of glass paintings are other brilliant pieces created by the young and upcoming artist.
- In today's episode, Willie and Nellie use a ‘talking machine’ to record Laura saying lovey-dovey things about the new boy, Jason.
- He had never quite seen this lovey-dovey side of his brother before.
- You can't be thinking about lovey-dovey stuff when there's that level of jeopardy involved.
- I told him I didn't love him in the lovey-dovey sort of way.
- And there's no denying that her mother is distant and selfish… though Becca figures it's better than having some lovey-dovey, in-your-face, nagging parent.
- Once she walked into the very ‘high-nosed’ restaurant, Paige spotted her father, who was fifty years old at the time, being lovey-dovey with his twenty-four year old wife.
- I don't know about you, but I could do without all the lovey-dovey stuff going on between our parents.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.