In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Tecnología(cylinder/compressor) de baja presión
2Meteorología(area) de bajas presiones
- At the same time the cold air moving southwards behind the low-pressure centre is losing height.
- If we get low pressure, a west wind and a spring tide the flooding will occur again.
- Light-ice years are associated with more low-pressure activity in the East Siberian Sea.
- During the summer season, a center of low pressure develops over the western part of India because of the intense heating of the landmass, while high pressure develops over the relatively cool Indian Ocean.
- The first thing is, remember, a hurricane is just an area of extremely low pressure, and there's a lot of circulation around that center of low pressure.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.