In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1línea de bajamar femenino
- His intended mode of fishing is using two trawls pulled by a tractor along the low-water mark, which is where the shrimp are to be found.
- It extends from the low-water mark eastward along the Queensland coast, to a point beyond the continental shelf.
- The vessel was sunk in the middle of the river below the low-water mark.
- Below the low-water mark, the pebbles become larger and kelp-covered.
- Bedding dips gently to the east near the low-water mark and becomes steeper, eventually vertical and overturned near the bounding fault at the high-water mark.
- He said these were susceptible to a problem called ‘accelerated low-water corrosion’ which was corrosion around the low-water mark which could now be reinforced.
- Located between the high- and low-water marks on the shore of the Shannon Estuary, it features a large tower built towards the end of the 15th century by the O'Connors of Kerry.
- Bury it in the sand at the low-water mark, if you like.
- We have to protect that strip of land that is from the high-water mark to the low-water mark.
- I have not got jurisdiction on this case because there is not a body and my district terminates on the low-water mark.
- The terrestrial boundary used, 3 km inland from the low-water mark, was sufficient to capture the majority of resource uses and concerns.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.