1(person) con suerte(person) afortunado(person) suertudo América Latina coloquialwho's the lucky man/woman? — ¿quién es el afortunado/la afortunada?
- he was born lucky — nació con suerte
- if we're lucky … — con un poco de suerte …
- you can think yourself lucky I didn't tell her — puedes darte por contento de que no se lo dijera
- to be lucky to + inf
- he's lucky to be alive — tuvo suerte de no matarse
- she was lucky enough to be selected — tuvo la suerte de que la seleccionaran
- you'll be lucky to find him there — me extrañaría que lo encontraras allí
- I am one of those lucky few, who could have played any sport.
- We are lucky to live in a democracy and should not waste this opportunity.
- Only a few people are lucky enough to find their soulmates.
- She felt so lucky to be the one able to have this son.
- A lucky few have mosquito nets and under each of them huddle several athletes.
- See, it's times like these when I realise how lucky I am.
- But talking to Tomas, I realise how incredibly lucky I am.
- I never was lucky in love and I thought that you were the one.
- If I'm lucky enough to survive I will probably be wheelchair-bound by then.
- We've been lucky with the weather, but there's no way it's going to hold.
- The mistake is quickly discovered, but the soldier counts himself incredibly lucky.
- And I was extremely lucky to escape without any injuries.
- Bands should think themselves lucky to achieve such heights just once in their careers.
- Many anglers are lucky to catch one or two fish per season.
- But he thinks himself lucky in a way.
- Such sights make us guys realise how lucky we are after all.
- My mother was one of the lucky few who looked gorgeous when they cried.
- If you've never heard that song, count yourself incredibly lucky.
- I don't know how I got so lucky to get a girlfriend like you.
- But a lot of people here, you know, they feel pretty lucky just to get that.
2(fortuitous)it was just a lucky guess — acertó (or acerté etc.) por pura casualidad
- he had a lucky escape — se salvó de milagro
- a lucky break — un golpe de suerte
- it was lucky for you he didn't find out — tuviste suerte de que él no se enterara
- it was lucky (that) you were there — menos mal que estabas ahí
3(bringing luck)seven is my lucky number — el siete es mi número de la suerte
- it's my lucky day — hoy estoy de suerte
- he was born under a lucky star — nació con (buena) estrella