In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Their origins are generally between the first and third lumbar vertebrae.
- They are usually used to scan the lumbar region (the lower back) and the hips.
- The lower part of the back, the lumbar region, is composed of 5 vertebrae known as L1 to L5.
- Below the lumbar spine is the sacrum, which is actually five vertebrae fused into one bone.
- It often projects through to the back in the midline lumbar area where it may be as intense as it is anteriorly.
- Although buttock pain may originate from the hip, the lumbar spine is the usual source.
- Metastatic disease in the lumbar area can cause spinal cord compression.
- And the driver's seat was perfectly shaped to support the lumbar region - a joy after a hard day's work.
- The contribution to the nerve from the second lumbar nerve may be absent.
- The lumbar form of transverse process may be present in the eleventh thoracic vertebra.
- The scientists then injected those neurons into the lumbar spinal cords of the paralyzed rats.
- This section passes through the upper half of the fourth lumbar vertebra.
- The number of ribs may be increased by addition at either the cervical or lumbar end of the series.
- The eighth and ninth thoracic vertebrae and the fifth lumbar vertebra were crushed.
- This guide is designed for people with a herniated lumbar disk, not a herniated cervical disk.
- The waist is the house of the kidneys, deficiency causes soreness and weakness of the lumbar region.
- The patient rests the dorsum of the hand on the back in the lumbar area.
- The block is most often at belt level in the middle and lower lumbar spine.
- Bone mineral density at the lumbar spine was assessed at baseline and after one and two years of contraceptive use.
- As the lumbar spinal canal shrinks, the nerves that go through it are squeezed.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.