In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1chaquetón de leñador masculinofemenino chamarra de leñador
- Greendale is Young's idea of Shangri-La, where lumberjackets are always in style and girls with far-out tree-hugger names grow up to be ecologically responsible cheerleaders instead of SUV-driving mall rats.
- A lumberjacket that she believes could have assisted her in identifying the accused also apparently went missing while in the possession of the police, and its location is still unknown.
- He wore a lumberjacket and had a forehead that betrayed a wonderful sense of humor.
- The other drove a 1972 Dodge Duster and wore a Lumberjacket and Jeans.
- Their fashion embarrassments involved medallions and leisure suits, ours were about greasy hair, Kodiaks and lumberjackets.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.