In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Intriguingly, rhythmic luminescence in certain lines was affected by only a subset of the pacemaker mutations.
- It seems clear that the photocyte has substantial local control of its luminescence and is not dependent on external oxygen in any simple way.
- When a laser light source is used to stimulate the release of electrons, the process is called optically stimulated luminescence.
- In the nonsilenced plant, strong luminescence was detected from all parts of the section, while no luminescence was found in the control plant.
- Pholasin alone can emit luminescence if exposed to superoxide.
- Chemiluminescence is a special case of luminescence in which the excitation source is a chemical reaction.
- He studied seawater luminescence and ocean temperatures while charting the path of the Gulf Stream.
- Not electrical, but green luminescence; a glowing paint that had been painted along every shelf and spare inch of wall or floor.
- A proportion of this energy appears in the form of light emitted by the crystal; this is optically stimulated luminescence.
- Most of the arthropods consist of an infill of sparry calcite with uniform luminescence.
- The luminescence in these cases may be excited by direct electron impact rather than with UV light.
- The luminescence was quantified in live cells using bioluminescence imaging.
- Streptococci emit light during log phase growth, and luminescence subsides as they enter stationary phase.
- This luminescence makes them interesting candidates for applications in biological test systems or as sensors.
- This might be explained by the pattern of brain generated neural bursts that initiate luminescence and this appears to be the case in P. lucicrescens.
- This property also leads to the intense luminescence and electron transfer capability of porphyrins and many metalloporphyins.
- The acceleration of the recombination rate and the strong stimulation of luminescence caused by the membrane potential are well known.
- There are different types of luminescence.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.