In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1almuerzo masculinobefore noun luncheon party — lunch masculino
- Through guided tours, church luncheons, public performances, gestures, stories and conferences, each project takes a unique view of memory and community in connecting the past with the present.
- When playing for wedding luncheons or dinners, Las Vegas Wedding Music's jazz musicians play loud enough to be heard but soft enough so that conversation can continue without straining.
- Dinner and special-occasion luncheons are available by reservation.
- We share the knowledge of our respective homelands through monthly luncheons and cultural activities.
- Have you ever wished you knew more about dining etiquette at interview luncheons, holiday dinners and award banquets?
- Extravagant weddings, lavish dinner parties, luxurious luncheons, you name it and I attended it.
- In these circles, the endless luncheons and dinners of rich foods and rare wines were battlegrounds of ambition, where gossip was often the weapon of choice.
- Teachers held barbeque parties, potluck suppers and luncheons that served as musical get-togethers in an informal atmosphere.
- Through the committees we have luncheons and breakfasts with government officials and visiting business people.
- They are being invited to join award organisers and David at a buffet luncheon on Tuesday, May 24.
- Nevertheless, from then on, during my 15 years as police chief, I was somewhat uneasy whenever I attended nonprofit organizations' luncheons or dinners and they held raffles for charitable purposes.
- Following a buffet luncheon, the symposium closed quietly in the early afternoon.
- The conference registration fee is $100 per person, and includes two breakfasts, two luncheons, two evening diners, refreshment breaks and all conference materials.
- In addition to the regular meeting the ladies often meet for luncheons and special occasions such as the Melbourne Cup.
- The only opportunity would be luncheon, but seating at the luncheon is random.
- So far, the grant money has been used to fund monthly luncheons and dinners for female professionals in math and computer science to share their experiences with female math and computer science students at Macalester.
- The powers that be have, as I say, addressed this matter and those of us who don't have time to burn at midday will be offered professional dinners in addition to professional luncheons.
- Though this may sound insignificant, table etiquette, party behaviour and dress code are no less important, for business agreements come through during dinner meetings and luncheons these days.
- Workshops, luncheons, and presentations take place every day, and they offer both learning and networking opportunities.
- The third guest at the luncheon has an inspiring story to tell.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.