In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1hora de almorzar femeninohora del almuerzo femeninohora de comer femenino México Españahora de la comida femenino México España(program/concert) de mediodía
- So Adrian was forced to spend his lunchtime thinking on his own, again.
- He spent all lunchtime chatting up girls at the library instead of planning our report.
- By lunchtime at school, everything was the same.
- In some, people held anti-war meetings or left work to join local lunchtime protests.
- The earthquake struck at around lunchtime on the last full day of their holiday.
- Yesterday's lunchtime concert wasn't without hitch - one piece began very badly.
- We started in eighth grade playing at lunchtime at our middle school.
- Then he said to the Americans that the ban would be gone by lunchtime.
- The following lunchtime, they met at their usual table.
- A mere glance down the lunchtime menu had my taste buds tingling in anticipation.
- But even when lunchtime came, she hadn't even been to the nurse.
- If nothing else, you've at least learned of how I spend my lunchtimes.
- The walkouts and lunchtime protests by significant groups of workers are not mentioned.
- On our visit, early one Saturday lunchtime, the restaurant was almost full.
- Perhaps one day I'll find a reason to call in for a lunchtime sandwich.
- As lunchtime neared, we moved the interview down to a seafood restaurant on Stearn's Wharf.
- One lunchtime he came back late and a colleague had to cover for him.
- When lunchtime came Cassie sat where she usually did, under the tree reading.
- Make a note of the orchestra's Tuesday lunchtime concert at the same venue on August 10.
- The workers plan to continue lunchtime protests and will wear black armbands at work to show they oppose privatisation.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.