In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1pulmón masculino(disease) pulmonar
- To our knowledge this is the first description in a lung transplant recipient.
- As well as badly breaking his foot, he bruised a lung and broke his wrist, pelvis and two ribs in the fall.
- In the case of the lung arteries, this can block off much of the circulation through the lungs.
- After synthesis in the bone marrow, they migrate to the systemic circulation and on to the lung.
- Imprisonment cost him a lung and severe back problems for the rest of his life, but he never complained.
- McCollum didn't speak for two days in hospital while his lung was being drained of blood.
- Less commonly, bowel cancer can spread to other, more distant organs such as the lung or brain.
- Finally she decided to go to a private doctor and realized that it was a severe lung disease.
- Chest examination showed some decreased air entry at her left lung base with a loud pleural rub.
- After nasal epithelial cells, the lung is the second organ in contact with cadmium chloride.
- His treatise on the subject is the basis of our modern understanding of the pathology of the lung.
- This was followed by a cancer scare in 1985 when a section of her left lung was removed.
- He had to have half a lung removed and was forced to lay on his side or his back for five months.
- This was illustrated in a randomised trial of screening for cancer of the lung.
- Other lung conditions such as lung cancer will need to be ruled out as part of the diagnosis.
- This is a hospital test where a narrow tube with a light and lens on the end is passed down the trachea and into the lung.
- To be fair, it's not age so much as the lung condition I suffered from a few years ago which has put a stop to my running.
- Prostate cancer is the most common cancer in men, followed by lung and bowel cancers.
- She also suffered a mild heart attack due to the trauma and had a blood clot on her lung.
- A bit of the clot can break off and end up blocking a vessel in your lung, causing a pulmonary embolus.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.