In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Songs from the '20s, '30s and '40s represent collaboration with lyricists Oscar Hammerstein II, Ira Gershwin and others.
- As one of his favourite lyricists wrote: ‘Who can ask for anything more‘?
- The songs were composed by lyricists Shakeel Badayuni or Sahir Ludhianvi, set to music by Naushad Ali and sung by Mohamad Rafi.
- I have always found it astounding that the lyricist of a song which almost ended up as our National Anthem never even visited our island nation.
- The public rendering of songs is not wrong if due acknowledgement is given to the lyricist, composer and musicians.
- I think a lot of lyricists are poets and writers.
- He contributes at least as much wit as his lyricists.
- The composers and lyricists are scarcely remembered today, but the music-hall song set the wheels of Tin Pan Alley in motion, established the practice of song plugging, and founded a new industry.
- We think the lyricist was a musical comedian and the song was written about 1900, maybe slightly earlier.
- The songs written by a young lyricist, Nandakumar, focus on maternal affection.
- Javed Akhtar is responsible for many of my successes, being the lyricist of the songs that I sung.
- He started out in ‘show business’ as a singing waiter, deciding to write lyrics because lyricists got paid more than singers.
- It is so because the ghazals are written predominantly by male lyricists.
- The evening will encompass the well-known as well as the recherché material of these writers, be they lyricists or musicians.
- She is trying her hand at becoming a music composer and a lyricist.
- Hence the lyricists are forced to write such verses.
- Gray the lyricist knows that a song is more than just good music and it's the lyrics that make his albums powerful.
- He seemed such a beautiful and troubled person, so talented, I'm glad I learnt that he was also a fantastic artist as well as lyricist and song writer.
- Rennie is a gifted lyricist, and the songs are full of great lines and images.
- Both country music lyricists and Elizabethan lyricists emphasize figurative language.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.