In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- A farmer, like any other trader, is entitled to a capital allowance for the cost of plant and machinery and motor vehicles used in his farming trade.
- Under state and federal law, all voting machinery and component parts must be certified before use in an election.
- They said that we were too stupid to handle machinery, even if we did use it.
- Through global sourcing, the company draws materials, components, machinery, finance, and services from anywhere in the world.
- He added that robust foreign direct investment in China had supported good demand for machinery and component supplies.
- Their current activities now range from begging to handling heavy machinery.
- His piece involved using nylon cord to bind abandoned vehicles, machinery and even an ox-drawn cart.
- Now he wants legislation strengthened to ban anyone from smoking cannabis before using boats, vehicles, aircraft or machinery.
- The six lanes by the river were full of construction machinery and military vehicles.
- Kids should not sit on laps or ride on the outside of farm machinery / equipment.
- Can you recommend a tactful way to point out that a superior is, let's say, not fit to operate heavy machinery or a motor vehicle?
- To what extent does cannabis use interfere with skilled activities such as driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery?
- The movement of heavy machinery in the vicinity of Lord Edward Street / Upper John St will be suspended at peak school times.
- Demand is particularly strong for advanced machinery and electronics equipment.
- Just don't drive any motor vehicles or operate heavy machinery under the narcotic effect of this show.
- A well laid out internal network of main, cross roads and paths is essential for efficient movement of men and machinery.
- I know you loved the car… it's easy to get attached to machinery that serves us well.
- A sale of farm machinery and equipment may cause unexpected tax consequences.
- Here we'll look at some of the pros and cons of leasing farm machinery and equipment and farm real estate to children.
- Surviving machinery includes a waterwheel, shaft and stones, although it hasn't worked since the 1920s.
2(working parts)mecanismo masculino
- The industrial and commercial machinery market utilizes small motors in many applications.
- He was first alerted to the remains when a farmer began ploughing up pieces of fuselage and aircraft machinery.
- The vessel was also fitted with a reconditioned hydraulic bow thruster, powered from the deck machinery hydraulic system.
- Kuhn will invest eight million euro in Bulgaria over the next three years to launch the production of car components and machinery.
- The other main items of machinery are two GEC turbines, and a single shaft with a pump jet propulsor.
- Their excellently produced vehicles and machinery obtained many prizes at country shows and field days.
- Nuts and bolts were removed to keep vehicles and other machinery running.
- Swimming forward of the bridge, the wreckage resembles that of the stern decks, except that the anchor machinery and forward masts have fallen to the seabed.
- To put it simply, water tends to flow downhill, but it can be pumped uphill by a motor and the right machinery.
- The water diverted from the mainstream ends up turning a mill wheel, setting other machinery in motion.
- If Mcm 10 plays a direct role in silencing, it should interact with components of the silencing machinery.
- They became importers of components and machinery for production as well as exporters.
- TCE is widely used in industry as a degreaser for metal parts, especially in the manufacturing of vehicles and machinery.
- Farmers short of labour or with off farm employment appreciate that bales are now easily handled due to improved machinery.
- However the components and machinery for making your own can be bought freely, no questions asked, in shops and on the Internet.
- Seven minutes down the line, the track suddenly breaks up entirely to let a secondary melody take over, before the whole machinery is put in motion again.
- The board attributed the growth to increased demand for electronic components, machinery and plastic products in China.
- German factories supply machinery, vehicles and technical facilities - a constantly growing amount of exports.
- To prevent the movement of further machinery, pickets later tied a specialised bicycle lock to the gates of the factory.
- The length of the wires and height of the slings cannot be altered by the operation of the winding machinery contained in the vehicle.
3(system)the machinery of government — la maquinaria de gobierno
- the decision-making machinery — el mecanismo de la toma de decisiones
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.