In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(instruction/definition) (invariable adjective) macro
1macro masculinomacroinstrucción femenino
- Overseas, ‘we were relying on Excel spreadsheets with macros for currency conversion, and a lot of people stapling receipts to reports.’
- Other documents automatically load the viral macros from this file when they are opened.
- No standardized macros or any preformatted text were used.
- Another type of virus, known as a ‘macro’ virus, can infect word processing and spreadsheet documents that use macros.
- The entire analysis is performed by a single macro in an Excel worksheet.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.