In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1bala mágica femenino
- It's not a magic bullet, but it can delay or slow the progress of the disease.
- With literally thousands of known medicinal herbs, everyone would like to find the magic bullet for a given condition.
- And although there are ways to treat these patients today, we still don't have the magic bullet.
- Even then, biotechnology's best chicken vaccine may not arm poultry farmers with the proverbial magic bullet.
- Unfortunately, when it comes to weight loss, what the public wants is a magic bullet.
- Even when things are going well, it's natural to become frustrated and wish for a magic bullet to cure your cancer.
- They also have to buy into the notion of self care, rather than trust in magic bullets.
- The metaphors used for cancer are often military terms such as war on cancer, killer cells, magic bullets, and the need for patients to adopt a fighting spirit.
- We are not presenting this as being a panacea, as being something that is a magic bullet for all medical conditions, but it is another option.
- It's possible that one of the many new antidepressants now being developed will be the magic bullet you seek.
- In the absence of a vaccine and a magic bullet against HIV and the disease it engenders, public health authorities had to develop a comprehensive prevention strategy.
- Is 30 minutes a day of aerobic exercise the magic bullet you've been looking for?
- We want there to be a magic bullet, an easy answer - something other than ‘eat less, move more’.
- The original magic bullets, antibiotics, are overused and losing their effectiveness.
- No magic bullet yet, but new drugs to fight age-related macular degeneration are near.
- Although hypnosis may have the potential to help with a wide variety of conditions, it's not a magic bullet.
- The glycemic index is no magic bullet for dieters, says Wolever.
- So cancer is a very complex thing, there's a lot of different types of cancers, it's very hard to tackle them, and it's apparently much harder to find magic bullets.
- ‘The new technologies that are changing our world are not a panacea or a magic bullet,’ Annan added.
- He focused on prevention, lifestyle, and dietary medicine - not magic bullets.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.