In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1alfombra mágica femenino
- Seaside entertainer Tony Lidington (who has flown on a magic carpet himself) explores the symbolism and language of carpets.
- Libby Hague's Our Town tells the story of six-year - old Molly who ‘only wants a prince, a magic carpet and a happy ending.’
- The breathtaking effects - genies in bottles, magic carpets - are by stage illusionist Paul Kieve, responsible for the famous cherry - spitting scene in the hit West End musical The Witches Of Eastwick.
- Hampered by such reduced status, the pair start out once again to overcome Jaffar, this time with the aid of a genie and a magic carpet.
- Although its magic carpet indeed flies, this ‘Aladdin’ leans toward old-fashioned theater, with painted backdrops.
- Ancient books lay on unstable shelves and dust flew through the air like magic carpets.
- There might be a magic carpet swooping the Sligo skyline as Aladdin and his princess arrive for the show.
- Mint had fallen off the cliff, her eyes closed, only to float on a magic carpet.
- He explained to the imp that they needed to take the public inter-dimensional service to the nearby island of Pisterburrow where they could charter a magic carpet to take them to Oront'Do.
- With a click of his fingers, the performer summoned the magic carpet, which began to stir from its position on the floor, floating back up so that he could jump safely down on to it.
- It was as if the fabled magic carpet was flown in all the way from Casablanca.
- Even in a movie such as Aladdin, my favourite moment is when the magic carpet comes alive.
- I remember him saying that it was really hard to write A Whole New World for Aladdin, when they're flying in the magic carpet over the world.
- Journey into the land of magic carpets, palaces and genies, as Kingston experiences a taste of the Middle East.
- These rivals to The Thousand and One Nights still tell tales of stratagems and spoils, but, as time passed and the empire grew, magic carpets and roc's eggs made way for mail routes and railways.
- Anto flies on a magic carpet to various places to gather new information and convey it to viewers in the second round titled ‘Magic carpet’.
- Grab that magic carpet and let it transport you to the world of the Arabian Nights, as our hero - a cheeky, streetwise lad - tries to win the heart and hand of a princess.
- Barcelono perused the dock, admiring, from a distance, the little shops with thatched awnings selling goblets of smoking liquid, magic carpets, and ice that, when given love, became gold.
- There is also a legend that King Solomon of Israel flew to Oman on a magic carpet with his jinn (a spirit who can take on human or other animal form).
- We'll just fly up to the north on our invisible magic carpet.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.