In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1realismo mágico masculino
- His principal mode is literary realism, though his second novel invokes the magic realism of a Toni Morrison work in its portrait of Roscoe's father's ghost.
- In her new collection of short fiction titled Engum Vaanam, she has introduced a number of narrative techniques that range from fantasy to magical realism.
- The opening sequence borders on magic realism in its surreal progression from the plausible, to the credibility-straining, to over-the-top mayhem.
- Garcia Marquez's magical realism works by making the connection between the fantastic and the realistic seamless; he narrates utterly implausible and plausible events alike in the style of verisimilitude.
- I'm really interested to know how you deal with incorporating surrealism or magical realism into your stories.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.