In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cuadrado mágico masculino
- One of the most ancient of mathematical curiosities is the so-called magic square.
- Benjamin can also handle magic squares, natural logarithms, cube roots, and much more.
- It contains the first magic square to be seen in Europe, cleverly including the date 1514 as two entries in the middle of the bottom row.
- In 1972, Richard Schroeppel proved that, if a perfect magic square of order 5 exists, its center number must be 63.
- His version of magic square - a variant now termed the Franklin magic square - was inspired by the work of Stifel and Frénicle, both of whose magic squares were of a more traditional variety.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.