In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1apellido de soltera masculino
- Jan Struther, an abbreviation of her maiden name, was the pen name which she used.
- Today tributes poured in for Alex who was married just a year ago, but maintained her maiden name in her profession.
- In these new court papers, she takes back her formal maiden name, Jennifer Joanna Aniston.
- My grandmother's current name is Kurlene White, but her maiden name is Roper.
- Gaelic law still allowed women to retain their maiden name and own land and property.
- She was insistent to keep her maiden name, Fraser, when she married.
- My maiden name was Pease and a cousin of mine has researched our family tree.
- You can hyphenate your name or use your maiden name for work and your married name everywhere else.
- Married women may legally keep their maiden names, or have their maiden names restored at some point in the marriage whether or not the couple stays together.
- In the last year of college, when everyone was trying to find a catchy ‘stage name’ I made lists and lists, researching old family names, maiden names, names that just sounded good.
- I kept my maiden name as a second middle name, but I'd not want to saddle any of my kids with it.
- Writing under her maiden name of Charlotte Popescu, Mrs Fyffe has published some 30 books to date.
- Andrews, who married husband Iain last month, is known to many in the accountancy profession by her maiden name of Irvine.
- Naomi would like to change her daughters' surname to her own maiden name.
- Her maiden name was Lesley Stevens and she lived at the Borough SE1 between 1968 and 1970.
- She has since joined the force in another district and has started using her maiden name instead..
- One of the reps sent a message to the HR department, letting them know that a member of staff wished to be known by her maiden name again.
- Divorced women who revert to their maiden names and couples who adopt a hyphenated name also will encounter problems if they fail to update their Social Security records, says Barbara Steinmetz, a financial planner.
- Eloise's mother had changed her name back to Beauregard, her maiden name.
- We are often asked for the maiden name of our mother and our date of birth.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.