In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1viga maestra femenino
- The piece cut off the frame is used for the main beam of the arch.
- All columns and main beams are 200 mm square laminated pine members, while secondary roof elements, roof linings and most other woodwork are made of untreated pine, the aroma of which permeates the whole complex.
- The curving involved one main beam and railing.
- There are also unsafe parts of the building as the stairs have dry rot and the main beam is rusting badly.
- The primary structure was a box beam, comprising two main beams.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.