In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Ferrocarrileslínea principal femeninobefore noun main-line station — estación interurbana femenino
- Virgin main-line trains made additional stops, too.
- On the main line railways the failure to take any steps towards renationalisation has left members utterly disillusioned.
- Kildare town has the best rail commuter service in the county, being served by regular mainline and Arrow services.
- This settlement also significantly benefits from a main line railway station.
- Some branch lines do not always branch off from the main line at the transfer station itself.
- The line is Britain's busiest and most congested main-line, says the strategy.
- For serious shopping, central London is about half an hour away by Underground or main-line rail service.
- Notices telling train passengers what to do in an air raid are being put up in all main line railway stations.
- Despite the massive destruction to the railway system the main lines were cleared two days after the blast.
- At the same time, 24 major projects were successfully achieved and BR became the only profitable main-line railway in Europe.
- In addition to using the civil main lines, railways were constructed for purely military purposes, with no commercial value.
- My first house was a red brick terrace in Folkestone, backing on to the main line railway.
- The Alcan company shipped its bauxite from Port Esquiville, a short distance from Bodies, utilising the existing main-line railway.
- The other key culpable person was the lead engineer who brought them out onto the main line.
- After all, it's only a branch line, not a main line station.
- The closures would eliminate all but one at-grade crossing in the city along the railway company's main line.
- Unlike train engineers, who get six months of training for their regular job, remote operators are not qualified for main-line work.
- He said there is no plan to expand the technology to main-line tracks such as the tracks between two cities.
- We had the fastest trains, a brand new underground network, the start of main-line electrification and free-flowing buses and trams.
- One year ago, yesterday, 10 people were killed in the Selby crash when a Land Rover ended up on the East Coast mainline.
2EEUU(road, street)calle principal femenino
- It was a modern bus, one of the many vehicles put on to the main line routes and was fitted with CCTV so there will be a recording.
- At first I was riding the main line through the braking bumps, and the suspension, as always, was still super smooth.
- This applied particularly to the main lines of turnpike road constructed before 1811.
- By State Statute, the Mayor of Salt Lake County has to approve all new main lines within Salt Lake County right-of-ways.
- Each main line busway passenger must pay Rp 2,500 for a one-way trip.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.