In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1unidad central femeninounidad principal femeninocomputadora central femeninoordenador central masculino España
- That $10,000 was an unprecedented value compared with the cost of mainframes and minicomputers.
- On its higher end Unix and mainframe systems, IBM uses in-house technology for these types of tasks.
- An aging mainframe system was left untouched, instead of being replaced.
- The new Unix boxes and Fujitsu mainframe systems are to incorporate the same architecture, the company says.
- All data were entered into a SAS database using the mainframe computer at UNMC.
- IBM has tried to keep customers interested by adding Linux support to its mainframe boxes.
- IBM was at that time the largest supplier of mainframe computer systems.
- In those days, mainframe computers were coming into usage and electronic calculators were also just appearing.
- There are over 140,000 employees and over 3500 people on PCs and mainframes that I support.
- Unless you are using a mainframe computer, the level of risk to data loss and theft from unauthorized access is growing daily.
- Of course, it helps that mainframes have full-time technicians available to keep them up and running.
- IBM has shuffled a huge chunk of its mainframe support operations off to South Africa in a bid to cut costs.
- Thirteen years ago, three airlines pooled their mainframe computing systems and created Worldspan.
- Terabytes of storage residing on tape is more economical than residing on mainframes in open systems.
- You may be able to cut the energy mainframes use but a lot of energy is still required to cool the machines.
- Despite the proliferation of computers of every size, mainframes still house most of the world's data.
- The new offering is designed for those who want to stay with their mainframe systems.
- IBM brings mainframe scalability to open systems platforms.
- Firms such as IBM could sell a mainframe computer for just under £½ million pounds in today's money.
- IBM mainframe computers proved to have more than four-year lives, but not by much.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.