In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1vela mayor femenino
- While the mainsail provides a large portion of power, it also affects the boat's directional control.
- As the galley righted itself, another wave struck from the other side, and the ship heeled over so far its mainsail almost touched the water.
- These mainsails are the more traditional mainsail cut with short length battens and slab reefing.
- These days, the majority of new mainsails are designed with a loose-footed arrangement.
- Hornblower watched as both ships backed the mainsails, turned the helm hard over, and took up the prescribed position.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.