In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1veredicto por mayoría masculino
- Yesterday at Salisbury Crown Court the jury returned a majority verdict of guilty.
- The Bradford teenager, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, was convicted of attempted rape by a majority verdict.
- But after three hours, the jury returned a majority verdict of 11 to one and found the father-of-one guilty.
- The jury took just over two hours to return a majority verdict of death by natural causes contributed by neglect.
- After a five-day trial, the jury convicted Tyrrell and Smyth by a majority verdict after a four-hour retirement.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.