In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The treatments were typically instituted because the patients suffered from malformed cervixes which blocked the entry of sperm into the uterus.
- Their skulls are very small and their brains undeveloped and malformed.
- Anne was dark-haired, with large eyes, composed and cultivated, with a mole on her neck and a malformed finger.
- However, analysis of internal genitalia revealed that these individuals either have malformed testes or lack internal genitalia.
- The relevant birth defects include missing limbs and malformed hearts.
- Not surprisingly, offspring from clutches with no malformed young survived significantly better than offspring from clutches in which young were malformed.
- The eye globe is distorted and the cornea is malformed; the iris cannot be recognized.
- Others had malformed internal organs or eye and ear defects.
- Besides, she was merely thin and not malformed.
- Tests on animals have a high failure rate, and a tendency to produce sickly and malformed clones.
- So she still has a severely malformed brain but is breathing on her own.
- An animal was scored as malformed if either the left or the right leg of a pair was malformed.
- The mitral and pulmonic valves may be malformed as well.
- The first three were so severely malformed they died before the age of five.
- They are generally reserved only for extreme situations such as that of twins born to a surrogate mother twelve weeks premature and a woman with a malformed uterus.
- The birth of a malformed infant also can precipitate a major family crisis, which disrupts the usual parent-infant bonding.
- When a baby has a structural birth defect, some part of the body (internal or external) is missing or malformed.
- Such meteorological events could help explain the sudden increase in malformed frogs over such a large and diverse region.
- Approximately 5,000 to 7,000 malformed infants were born to women who ingested thalidomide during pregnancy.
- The thyroid gland, located in the neck, is sometimes malformed, or completely undeveloped.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.