In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1hacerse el enfermofingir estar enfermo
- Many people associate mental illness with self indulgence, weakness, and malingering.
- Evidence for this may prove difficult to find, and it remains impossible to exclude malingering as a potential cause.
- Someone who malingers will fake an illness for some type of external gain, such as money.
- Role-playing is not the same as faking or malingering.
- We've seen senior members of parliament here tell people with depression they're malingering, ‘get over it, get back to work’.
- There's a fine line between what's classed as malingering and what is accepted as genuine illness.
- Is Miss Mason suffering from Chronic Pain Disorder or is she malingering…?
- But in the case of mental illness, people are inclined to shut their minds to it, or, even worse, accuse the sufferer of malingering.
- And if it is, what about the terrific temptation we create for malingering?
- Because it is often impossible to determine who is malingering and who is not, it is impossible to know how frequently malingering occurs.
- I can think of several options other than lying and malingering to explain the onset of hysterical symptoms and recovered memories.
- Why are they malingering and eating up valuable Medicare tax dollars when they could so easily put us all out of their misery?
- Initially, we were dejected and nearly ‘bought’ his hard luck story; but a little questioning gave away his sheer malingering.
- Another woman, with early symptoms of Bubonic plague, was told she was malingering.
- A distinction should be made between factitious disorders and malingering.
- Inasmuch as results are not intuitive, inconsistency from an individual's attempts to malinger can be detected easily.
- There are cases where the hallucinations may be malingered or may be irrelevant to the criminal activity.
- Earlier this year a poll found that 40% of small businesses thought employees were malingering when they took sick leave.
- Companies indicated that, in their opinion, a whopping 75% of time taken was due to feigned illness or malingering.
- And we all have some creative, malingering patients worthy of an Academy Award.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.