In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1pato real masculinoánade real masculino
- This paper examines the function of female resistance behavior in one of the dabbling ducks, the mallard.
- The teals, mallards and other small ducks were all paddling about.
- The most abundant and widespread of all waterfowl, the mallard is also the most hunted game bird.
- There were about 50 coots, 25 shovelers, and a handful each of mallards and ferruginous ducks.
- We saw lots of waterfowl, mostly Canada geese and mallards with the odd Gadwall.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.