In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(grain)malta femeninobefore noun malt extract — extracto de malta masculino
- malt vinegar — vinagre de malta
- So your best bets are brown rice syrup and barley malt, which are higher in nutrient content and are metabolized more slowly than white sugar.
- In 1366 he was exporting large quantities of grain, barley, malt, and ale, and in 1382 a large number of woolfells.
- I have even consulted for a number of breweries in Scotland when they were having difficulties with the malts.
- Most barley is used in animal feed or for the production of barley malt for making beer.
- According to German law, beer can only be brewed using barley, malt, hops, yeast and water - no nasty chemicals are allowed.
- Ale was usually brewed in the lord's household, utilising barley malt, though malted wheat or even oats are recorded.
- Ice cream, followed by wholesome milk, malt, syrup and beaters, was lowered into a tall beaker.
- It's brewed using five different specialty malts and two hop varieties to produce this distinctive continental styled brew.
- If you're feeling adventurous, go for a rauchbier, a German-style beer made with malts dried over beechwood fire.
- The malt's bouquet slowly presents a range of dry, tantalizing aromas, including nuts, honey and grain.
- We couldn't get real ale here, so we had to make it from British malts and hops.
- It is already producing two beers, each made using a secret recipe of malts, yeast and hops, giving them a unique flavour and aroma.
- English Halcyon malts are used together with lager malts.
- This malt exhibits the distinct ‘grassiness’ often associated with European Pilsner malts.
- Lagers generally have purer malt and hop characteristics.
- Dodson's beers are produced from a blend of malts, good water and New Zealand-grown hops from Motueka near Nelson.
- Similar in taste to molasses, barley malt may be cut with other sweeteners to lighten its intense flavor.
- It is named after a popular local coastal area and made up with genuine ale yeast and malts to help bring out the ‘old style’ ale flavours.
- In these pages we share with you the fruits of our labors and the grapes and malts we paired them with.
- Head brewer Don Bracher used a special blend of malts and hops to create the 4.5 per cent ABV brew.
2also malt whiskywhisky de malta masculinosingle malt whisky — whisky de malta sin mezclar masculino
3(milkshake)batido de leche malteada masculino
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.