- But mam, I can't stay in the same room as them!
- I remember once, many years ago, trying to get off school by telling my dear old mam that I had a terrible ear-ache.
- I managed to say goodbye to mam and my siblings by making myself think of something else as we hugged, but my dad, to whom I was closest, locked himself in the bathroom.
- Going to the Olympia theatre in Dublin with mam and dad was the best.
- What do people do now if both Mam and Dad have to work nights?
- The hardest task was to go to mam in her eighties and break the news.