In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1obligatorioafter the mandatory exchange of pleasantries — tras el obligado intercambio de cortesías
- Murder entails a mandatory life sentence; manslaughter carries with it no minimum sentence.
- The last area covered in the creative brief contains any requirements or mandatory content.
- The continuity of my teaching is broken each time these mandatory lessons are required.
- Smuts also found that the mandatory life sentence was inconsistent with an accused's right to a fair trial.
- In some jurisdictions this is a mandatory sentence of death.
- The Slovakian bid seems to have the mandatory safety requirements covered, but not much more is explained.
- Her decision to plead guilty meant she had to receive a mandatory life sentence.
- Nobody would dispute that I have jurisdiction to grant a mandatory injunction.
- All parties are sentenced to mandatory counseling until they are deemed fit to return to society.
- The 1997 Act introduced mandatory minimum sentences for certain repeat offenders.
- In other jurisdictions the mandatory appointment of a corporate trustee, or its equivalent, is set out in the law.
- Previously, a special permit was required if the mandatory workweek exceeded 48 hours.
- The most controversial aspect of the Bandit Law was its mandatory death sentence.
- The respondent submits that a mandatory order is not appropriate and just for several reasons.
- Our task, however, is to analyse the role of company law in providing mandatory rules to control company opportunism.
- If political participation is important, why not require mandatory voting, as in Australia or Belgium?
- We've yet to see exactly what people think about mandatory sentencing when it's properly explained to them.
- Because the plaintiff seeks a mandatory injunction, it must show its claim is almost certain to succeed.
- That was particularly important where you had a mandatory penalty whether it's death of a life sentence.
- The mandatory terms of article 18 cannot therefore be given effect.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.