In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1registro masculinopozo de inspección masculinofemenino boca de alcantarillamasculino registro
- A woman was trapped for more than an hour after a manhole cover collapsed under her feet, plunging her into the drain below.
- The troops then dropped smoke bombs into the sewers through the manholes.
- A blind man once fell into a sewer because the iron manhole cover was missing.
- It was circular and about seven feet in diameter, like a giant manhole cover.
- This meant that a milkman who was injured by a defective manhole cover could not sue the owner of the land over which the right of way passed.
- Mr Moriarty said residents in the estate noticed there seemed to be a lot of activity regarding the manholes in the area over the previous fortnight.
- Our newest manholes were only about 15 years old, and we were finding a lot of problems with those.
- Of course these things are never easy; the manhole cover had rusted into position.
- Less than an hour later, they uncovered a metal door the size of a manhole cover.
- It's rusty water, leaking from conduit lines beneath a manhole cover on Riggs Road.
- The sewer grills and manhole covers have already been soldered into place.
- I have also noted that the manhole covers on the site were well maintained.
- Amazingly, the circle isn't the only shape that would work safely as a manhole cover.
- Water towers, well heads, manholes and fire hydrants are not typically secure, and are considered the most vulnerable points of a water system.
- A mother is recovering at home after plunging six feet into the ground after a manhole collapsed beneath her.
- They both found a manhole cover and climbed back down into the sewer system.
- My son-in-law says the manhole cover is down in the hole, smashed up.
- The second phase, in May, will shift the focus to the hazards of fires, illegal electricity connection, construction sites and uncovered manholes.
- The location of conduits termination within manholes shall be identified by Communications Services.
- Unprotected manholes can fill up with silt, as can associated piping.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.