In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1colector masculinoan inlet/exhaust manifold — un colector de admisión/de escape
- The exhaust manifold and the muffler connect through the front tube pipe.
- The oil pan, exhaust manifolds and transmission housing have been reinforced with ribs for added strength.
- This eliminates the need for multiple manifolds, and bar coding matches the right throttle body with the right engine.
- Catalytic converters are being mounted closer to the engines to improve their performance and exhaust manifolds are being integrated into cylinder heads.
- Granted, I don't know an intake manifold from a fuel injector, but I bought into their portrayal.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.