In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The unit has only ever operated one type of manned aircraft and that is the venerable Hawker Hunter.
- Yet his latest journey was uniquely significant, because he was on his way to see his colleagues send China's first manned spacecraft into orbit.
- I think these will eventually replace manned reconnaissance aircraft.
- However, satellites did not end the use of manned reconnaissance aircraft.
- One way is to travel to the planets, either with remotely operated probes or with manned spacecraft.
- A more sophisticated argument pits robots against manned spacecraft.
- By early 1966 the Soviets had not launched a single manned spacecraft in a year.
- These guidelines specifically exclude manned aircraft but include the export of uninhabited aerial aircraft and related technology.
- Leaders in Beijing have ordered that the safety of astronauts be ensured first when launching a manned spacecraft, the newspaper said.
- In addition, they will also have to operate a manned spacecraft for at least a week.
- The Air Force currently suffers from a critical shortage of aviators for manned aircraft.
- The nuclear-tipped missile challenged the monopoly of manned bombers in nuclear war.
- To realise the goal, the agency aims to develop Japan's own manned space craft, similar to the US Space Shuttle, the Mainichi said.
- The air platforms could take the form of tethered blimps, unmanned aerial vehicles, or manned aircraft.
- It is logical to assume that understanding the solar system environment is just as important to the vision as building the next generation of manned spacecraft.
- The manned aircraft will operate in long-range, low-level missions, using stealth technologies and terrain screening.
- However, certification only applies to the various types of aircraft, as well as manned balloons.
- Developing a new manned spacecraft in addition to larger launch vehicles becomes an expensive proposition.
- The first manned spacecraft ever to leave Earth orbit was Apollo 8.
- Some debate whether such aircraft will eventually replace manned aircraft.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.