In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1femenino peculiaridadmasculino gesto
- All individuals have different traits and characteristics and differ from one another in mannerisms and mental abilities.
- Despite their quirks and mannerisms, when the kids arrive at camp, they feel accepted.
- Countless phrases and mannerisms have made their way from the show into my speech.
- I don't want their looks, I don't want their dramatic mannerisms or anything like that.
- While Kaufman only met the real Orlean at the end of the shoot, method actor Cage spent time studying his subject's mannerisms.
- It was eerie how he had the same voice and mannerisms as Leigh.
- This involved studying the mannerisms of the cartoon version of Daphne.
- There is a realness to their characters; their language is vulgar and their mannerisms are disturbing.
- The guy who does the voice of the French Colombo is a legend in his own right, taking what Peter Falk says and adding his own mannerisms and characteristics.
- My friends and colleagues seem to delight in my Australian mannerisms and question me constantly about customs at home.
- We adopt their mannerisms, and little quirks, and while doing so, we may lose our own, and lose our sense of identity.
- The writing has an oratorical eloquence marked in places by mannerisms probably deriving from oral delivery.
- That was because his mannerisms were gentle, not brutal.
- It would be another excuse for Sir Marcus to announce all of his eldest daughter's perfect traits and mannerisms.
- Manners and mannerisms that had earlier stuck with them now undergo drastic changes.
- As time went on, they became even more familiar with the mannerisms and habits of one another.
- I saw individuals, each with their own characteristics, mannerisms, perspectives.
- The actors inherit these mannerisms and make the characters their own in the most delightful of ways.
- Not Campbell, who employs all the quirks and mannerisms that have made him one of the most beloved cult actors of all time.
- We looked alike and had the same mannerisms and laugh.
2MannerismArte Arquitecturamanierismo masculino
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.