- One of the earliest measuring tools was a liquid-filled tube known as a manometer.
- The contamination appeared to be mostly contained in a first-floor science classroom, where the silvery metal leaked from a manometer, a U-shaped glass device used to measure air pressure, Dieringer said.
- The desktop manometer was developed to provide engineers immediate access to pressure sensor data.
- First invented in the seventeenth century, manometers are used to measure the pressure of gases.
- The combination of an inclined and a vertical manometer is very useful in air movement determination.