In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1masculino mapamasculino planomasculino planoa map of the world — un mapamundi
- I found a street map of the whole area, and spent an hour looking at it.
- City council minutes for 1911 and 1912 make no mention of any gift, and city maps do not show a park in that area of town.
- These directives are based on normal real estate valuation principles and are appended with land maps for each urban area.
- The military planner must have a good local city street map and aerial photos.
- Zonal maps and land use patterns under the master plan will be displayed.
- He grabbed a map of the City… and began mapping out an area that he was going to cover in tonight's run.
- You have to identify a street with a name, using a map or a road sign.
- The exhibition features maps and plans of the proposed regeneration schemes as well as explanations of the designs and the work behind the ideas.
- Well a map will help of course, but not all city maps are up to date and only the best among them provide an index of city streets.
- But the M25 was closed for maintenance coming back and I was forced ‘off road’ without a map.
- The discovery of the city wall remains was not a surprise to the City Council as maps had pinpointed Peter Street as a location for the historic ruins.
- There have been no measures initiated nor a road map charted out, to rectify such fiscal imbalances and to restore balance for long term growth.
- In fact, I've been looking at my road map planning my drive up to Sydney, and I realised something.
- The maps represent arbitrary chunks of city terrain; city transit maps are included separately.
- They will come into place when all the conclusive maps of access land have been published and the Secretary of State has authorised their commencement.
- It might be compared with the modern Arnhem Land maps of the same area that I tried to find later, but which were merely a patchwork of uranium leases.
- Think of how superior a map showing roads, terrain, rivers, and cities is to one showing just a featureless land mass.
- But the CIA-produced Moscow Street Guide remained by far the best map of the city.
- A spokesman for the Highways Department arrived with a map with eight road humps marked in for Emily Street and four for Marborough Street.
- The Roads Management Service have put on display the revised maps for the road alterations to be carried out at Harbour Road and Manse Road.
1(coastline/planet/region) trazar el mapa de(route) trazar
- This system maps an area, showing where objects, that might be mines, are.
- The maps also show patterns of cancer that might escape notice if larger areas were mapped.
- An understanding of coastal landforms and the processes acting upon them can be used to map areas at risk from cliff failure, beach erosion, and flooding.
- If a house was on a noisy street, the realtor would show them one in an area so remote it probably had not yet been mapped.
- Gabbro Rock outcrops were scattered throughout the preserve but were not mapped because of their small area.
- Although it gets quite frustrating, players will quickly learn that a fair bit of each mapped area is not accessible.
- We mapped the area and decided that there was a large prospect up from it about 55 kilometres long.
- We mapped the study area using a compass, range finder, and measuring tape; the map was then analyzed in a digitized format.
- Now, with the aid of oil industry technology, the area off Utah and Omaha beaches in Normandy will be mapped, revealing exactly where the tanks were buried.
- He was also to map the area between Pine Creek and the West Australian border.
- Even if the area is mapped as access land, you will not be able to walk within 20m of a dwelling, or in gardens or courtyards within the curtilage of a property, unless a right of way already exists.
- The Chapman Corridor Bushcare Group plans to eventually survey and map the park to provide a picture of the park's flora health.
- Each time WFCAM maps an area of sky, it will generate an image of over 250 million pixels.
- And yet before the area was properly mapped, mere vigilance was not enough, as the long list of ships wrecked and lives lost proves.
- Suppose we map an area and find that it looks like the image at right.
- This permitted us to map the local jamming area and determine the boundaries of the jamming range.
- Because of the sprawling size of the area to be mapped, preliminary observation was done by car, and then on foot.
- In-mine mapping revealed a similar degree of erosion down to the coal in parts of all four mapped areas, which were about 1.6 km apart.
- Has he seen the extent of the flood plain in a one in a 100-year flood in this area, as mapped by the Environment Agency?
- The act gives ramblers the right to walk freely across mapped areas of open country, including mountains, moors and registered common land.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.